I have doubts that I will actually complete my roof this year. With summer heat and other projects the roof got put off and off until I got to the point where I had to do something so I could mount some new solar panels.
That something was to put down some plywood and fasten metal sheets down on top of it. So I can move and service these new monster panels .
The existing temporary covering on the roof had numerous leaks and actual open sky damage at times this past year and I knew I had to do something.
While the skeleton of the roof is mostly in place, the finished framework needs to be standardized with approximately 24 more rafters added before I can even think about actually finishing the roof . But I did at least get the mish mosh of materials off the roof and most of the metal in place so the next time I go to add plywood to the roof it will be easier to remove and replace the metal once I add the plywood. The missing skeletal elements can be mostly added from inside.
I could rant on about the hardships of working with salvaged materials, but the fact is I’m happy to be able to do so much with so little.
Now if I get back home after heavy winds and rain and find the place is still dry and the panels are still on the roof, I will be a very happy camper!:-)
If it ain’t broke…. well, this was broke, out with the tarp, these first two roof sections are a bare beginning, with lots to do before they are in their final configuration, so you could say this is still temporary, but it definitely is moving toward a finished roof.
move the solar panels to the side ,slightly less power, but at least some continuity–these will be replaced with larger panels when this project is done.
new fascia board helps to stabilize rafters
When I look around from this vantage the trash really jumps out at me. But in that “mess” is water storage, structural elements, tools and actual garbage. I know, get busy!!